Sunday, October 14, 2012

That's all she wrote...

Well, race day came and went. It was a long, soggy affair. Well done to everyone who chose to toe the line despite the weather. I'm proud of each and every person who ran the 5K, 10K, half and full marathons. You all did something that few ever even consider. Congratulations.  

I've really enjoyed writing this little blog. I was grateful for the chance to have an outlet for my obsession with endurance sports and to provide a little help to folks along the way. I hope that some of you have gained some knowledge from the blog and will refer back to it when or if the time comes. I consider this blog the start unofficial start of my coaching business, Emerald Island Endurance.  I am now available for coaching for all types of events, with specific emphasis on running and triathlon.  Interested? Drop me a note and we can get started right away. 

On a personal note, I am three weeks away from my own big fall race.  I will be racing the New York City marathon on November 4th.  I am running this race on behalf of Team Continuum, a non-profit organization that provides immediate, vital, assistance to cancer patients and their families. Unlike other cancer-related charities that raise money solely for cancer research, Team CAN has differentiated itself by advocating for cancer patients' immediate needs.  Put simply, Team CAN is about care, not the cure.  I humbly request that if you have enjoyed or benefit from this blog in anyway, that you make a donation to Team CAN on my behalf. You can donate directly online at: Bree's Team Continuum Page. Donations of any amount are greatly appreciated. 

Run for your lives my friends,
Bree
 

No comments:

Post a Comment