Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Let's talk music...again

I know there are some purists out there who choose to run to the sound of their own breath and the rhythm of your feet. But many of us need to focus on something else and enjoy plugging in when we are plugging along.
Personally, I listen to podcasts or audiobooks during training. They are an easy to get lost in and can really help passing the time. I reserve my wicked playlists for race day. This way, at least in my mind, my favorite motivating tunes are fresh and fruity and get me all the more amped up when I need them the most.
Last year we had some great feed back on good songs to run to and I'd love to hear some new entries.
I'll admit that I'm still grooving along to a many of the same songs as last year, but  here are a few of my new favorites:
The Sound of Sunshine - Michael Franti
Gin and Juice - Phish
Us - Regina Spektor
Catch My Disease - Ben Lee
The new Vampire Weekend Album
Lover of the Light - Mumford & Sons
Ho Hey - Lumineers

Yep, my list is short and lame. Need more ideas?  Check this out:
Runner's World - Workout Music
Is there anything that Runner's World doesn't do? Gotta love 'em.

Some more music magic? There is an app called Cruise Control that will change the song to match your goal pace.
Whether you choose music or podcasts, also choose to unplug every once in a while and enjoy the sound of your own effort. It can be pretty magical too. 
Run for your lives,
Bree


1 comment:

  1. not that it maters, but as a phish purist I must tell you that that version of Gin and Juice is by The Gourds and not Phish.

    ReplyDelete