Sunday, August 3, 2014

Here it comes!

Welcome to the 2014 Run The Rock Training and Event Blog!

I know I say this every year, but I cannot believe that it is time to start talking about Run The Rock again.  Actually, if you plan to run the half or full marathons, you’ve probably already been thinking about it for a few weeks now. 

I am thrilled to be returning to this blog for the third consecutive year. I have a whole new suite for goodies to share with the vast and devoted followers, meaning my mother and cat (we all know dogs, especially mine, cannot read), of this blog.

This year’s training plans will focus on beginners to the two shorter distance races; the 5 and 10K options. Specifically, these plans will target those of you looking to RUN his or her first 5K (8 week plan) and those of wanting to take the leap from 5K to 10K (9 week plan).  The first phases of these plans will be posted soon!


As always, I welcome feedback and suggests on topics of interest.

Run for your lives,
Coach Bree

BTW:  We are just getting started with the Run The Rock madness, so please be patient in the coming weeks as we update links and information. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi I am looking at a anniversary vacation for my husband and I to take and I saw this race (I like to plan my trips around marathons lol). My question is about the terrain. I am a veteran marathon runner (31) but I am not the best trail runner. I was wondering how difficult this race is. I can't seem to find any description on the website. Thanks Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather! Thank you for you interest in Run the Rock. I plan my vacations around races too...or is it the other way around?
    The marathon course is a mix of paved and unpaved road. There is no trail running but the course does have quite a bit of elevation gain and loss over unpaved road.
    Here is a link to the course: http://www.mapmyrun.com/us/kodiak-ak/run-the-rock-marathon-route-118418571
    I hope this helps. If not, please send along more questions.

    ReplyDelete